If you are like me, I absolutely hate the question, “What’s for dinner?” and I usually try to ask it to my husband before he can ask me. As a mommy of 3 littles, I have tried so many different ways to deal with this question. Here are a few recommendations for services and apps to help with your dreaded meal planning for the week:
Meal Subscription Services: Recipes and Ingredients will be sent to you on a weekly basis
- PLATED: A bit more pricey than some of the other options but they also provide more options. For example, if you pick the 3 meal per week version, you will be able to pick the three recipes / meals from 9 options. For 2 people 3x per week you will pay $74. If you prefer 4 meals per week it is $96. Many subscribers noted that this is a good choice for a couple, not a family.
- BLUE APRON: Seems to be the winner among these types of subscription services because the price is a bit more palatable and the recipes are yummy and interesting but not super difficult. For 2 people, BLUE APRON will run you $59.94 per week for 3 meals. For a family option, you will pay $69.92 for 2 meals a week and $139.84 for 4 meals per week.
- HELLO FRESH: The comments in regards to this subscription is that the recipes and ingredients are very basic but still very fresh. This may be a better option for people or families who want very healthy meals. For 2 person meals 3 times per week, it will cost $69. For 3 meals a week for a family of 4, it is $129.
- Cook Smarts: This is similar to Fresh 20 where they will send you recipes and shopping lists for the week. Their aim is to help people improve their cooking skills while making meal planning easier. This will cost you $6 per month
- Pepperplate: This is a free app where you are able to import recipes and the app will help you organize them.
- Ziplist: This is a free app with a shopping tool and organizer
- Plan To Eat: Helps to organize recipes by incorporating your calendar and a shopping list generator.
- Paprika: Another recipe manager with list generator.